Monday, March 2, 2009

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

I've finished Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series.
It was predictable, flat, and the author introduced dozens of new vampires at the very end who don't really matter.

My rating of the Twilight series: One star.

One star because it was interesting enough for me to finish the whole series.

But only one star because it was pretty flat. I spent 2,000+ pages reading about Bella, the main character, and she never developed into anything else besides, well, a vampire. Before her transformation into a vampire, she was a girl with no depth, personality, or smarts. Her distinguishing characteristics were that she muttered, loved Edward, and was clumsy. When she changes into a vampire, she's just a vampire with the same lackluster qualities, but now she drinks blood.

My final word on the series: Don't waste your time.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Based on your reviews of the previous three books, I wasn't expecting anything epic from this series. Maybe that helped me to enjoy them. For what the series is, it's good. There isn't too much below the surface to think about. It reminded me of a blockbuster movie. Just good fun. I haven't read the final book yet. I'm waiting for Erin to get caught up so we can read it together.

Elaine said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the series. It is fun and made me want to finish it. I think it's neat that you're reading it with Erin.