Thursday, September 26, 2013

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Do you ever think about where you want to be as you're finishing a book? I don't want to be sitting in a waiting room when I read that last page. I want to be at home in a comfy chair or sitting on the stairs (yes, sometimes I read sitting on the staircase because there's a great window above the stairs that provides great light).

Anyway, I was thinking about that all as I headed home on a Saturday evening because I knew that I was nearing the end of this book, and I was hoping to finish it that night. With some hot chocolate in hand, I settled down on the couch to finish this book. Whoah, this book had me on my toes until the very end.

Louisa is 27 years old and sailing along, living at home, and working at a little cafe. She's been dating her boyfriend for seven years and will most likely marry him. Her job at the cafe suddenly ends and she  takes a very well-paying job as a caregiver for 35-year-old Will, who is in a wheelchair after an accident ended his high-flying, extreme adventure lifestyle.

This book has twists and turns, and a plot like nothing I've ever read before. Very original, and it prompted me to think about life and what's worth living for.

No comments: