Monday, January 12, 2015

Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Where She Went is the sequel to If I Stay (which was recently turned into a movie, but I haven't seen it as I usually don't watch film adaptations of books). This is actually one of the best sequels I've read, and I think it was even better than the first one (but you have to read the first one to understand this second one).

Where She Went picks up three years after the end of If I Stay, and is written from the boyfriend's perspective. Love, loss, grief, and starting over are all themes found in the story, along with what we do with the relationships that meant so much to us but we just can't continue in them anymore.

If you're in a Young Adult kind of mood, I recommend that you check these out. I would check them both out at the same time so you have Where She Went ready to read once you're done with If I Stay.

Oh, and if you read If I Stay, you might want to have Mozart's Requiem (K. 626) on hand as well. It's mentioned in the book, and I had to put it on.

No comments: