Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts I and II by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany

Boomer and I have our own copies of the Harry Potter series. So we should have thought more carefully about how we were going to read this play. I brought it home (note: we only checked out one copy, Boomer should have checked out his own copy) from the library and Boomer started reading it and started making bug eyes, gasping, and saying, "Oh my gosh!!" I had to tell him that if he was going to read it first, then no noises, facial expressions, or comments were allowed! So in order to not let this come between us, Boomer decided that I should read it first and then he would read it. Thanks, Boomer!

It only took me several hours to read it, and boy was it fun! We meet up with Harry Potter as an adult and father to three children.

I liked it! I would love to see it on stage sometime. I liked the characters, the twists, and the follow-up on some of the characters I loved in the Harry Potter series.

No comments: