Wednesday, September 7, 2016

One Day by David Nicholls

Packing for a trip is challenging for me. One of the most challenging parts is deciding which books to bring. Yes, I still prefer reading a real book as opposed to reading books on my phone. Should I bring one book or two? Do I want to bring a book I've never read before? What if it turns out to be a dud? What if I run out of books to read?

Another piece to this complexity is that I don't bring library books on vacation with me in case I lose it (but have I ever lost a book before? Never.) so I bring a book that own, but I don't own many books that I haven't read before.....and so it goes. I also like to discard the books I've read as I go along on my vacation, so it has to be a book I'm willing to leave behind. Oh yah, and then Boomer reminds me that we can always stop by a bookstore.

As I was thinking ahead about a recent trip, I found One Day in the local Little Free Library and borrowed it even though I read it back in 2012. (I loved it the first time - read my first review here.) It was a great pick. I loved it yet again and had forgotten some of the plot points. I left it behind in an RV park in southern Oregon, so I am hoping that another traveler will pick it up and enjoy it.

No comments: