Monday, October 24, 2011

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker

Truly is a giant baby who grows into a giant woman due to an untreated pituitary gland problem. On the other hand, her sister, Serena Jane, is beautiful and petite. After their father's death (Truly's mom died after childbirth), Truly is sent to live with a farm family while Serena Jane lives a life of luxury in town.

A novel about a small-town, full of mystery, magic, murder, and rumors.

This book was slightly above average for me. I liked all of the twists and turns.

However, the novel is written from Truly's perspective, and I didn't feel like I really came to know her all that well. I didn't understand how she was able to deal with all of the taunting and teasing directed at her, or how she came to be the person she was. She remained a pretty flat character for the entire book. Good story, not as good development of the main character.

No comments: