Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann

This is how I find books to read: I go to bookstores and browse the titles. In my purse, I keep a little notebook, and when I find a book that I'd like to read, I write down the title in my little notebook and then look for it at the library. Usually I have to put myself on a wait list, but within a few days/weeks, I can check out the book. I came across this book while at Costco and was able to check it out at the library after being on the wait list for several weeks.

The story starts off in August 1974 when a tightrope walker runs, jumps, and hops across a wire between the Twin Towers. Who is this guy?? Commuters stare up and are mesmerized.

We're then introduced to a variety of characters that don't seem to be related, but end up being a part of each others' stories in some way.

If you like books in which there are different story lines, but some kind of connection between them all, you'll like this one.

For me, this one was just okay. I read it all, but got stuck at times.

**Warning: contains adult themes and characters.

No comments: