Wednesday, August 15, 2012

You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again: The True Adventures of a Hollywood Nanny by Suzanne Hansen

I write a post here about every book that I read. If you've been reading with me for awhile now, you know that I read serious stuff, but also some very light stuff (have you read my posts on Tori Spelling's books??).

I thought that this one would be a light read, and it definitely is fun and entertaining. But there is also a depth to it. The writer undergoes her own transformation as she works as a nanny and is aware of what she's feeling and going through. I like memoirs in which the writer grows and changes, and this is one of them.

Suzanne was 18 years old and fresh out of high school, when she attends a Nanny certification school. She moves from a small town in Oregon to Los Angeles to find a job as a nanny. She ends up working for Hollywood agent and bigwig Michael Ovitz and quickly finds out that working as a nanny to the wealthy and/or famous may not be all that great. She works long days and is on-call 24 hours/day. She also gets a peek into the lifestyles and trivialities of the rich and famous.

I really liked this book! It would be a great read for the end of summer!

PS: Thanks for the recommendation, Karen!

No comments: