Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Dealing with her mom's death, a recent divorce, and some experimentation with drugs, Cheryl Strayed set out to reclaim herself by hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. With no experience or training, she tackles this long trail by herself.

I didn't start off liking this book because I didn't start off liking the author. She made some very poor choices and seemed impulsive and self-centered. Over time though, as I read more and more about her hiking adventures, I really came to like her (except for some romantic decisions she makes on the trail)! She's gutsy, flexible, and has a good heart.

A recommended read!

A word of caution though: if you get queasy reading about losing toenails, this is not the book for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just finished this book tonight- it brought me to tears! I was constantly googling images throughout reading it of the lakes and mountain ranges she hiked through. It helped me imagine I was there.