Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship, and Love by Carole Radziwill

This is an amazing and beautifully written memoir by Carole Radziwill, a reporter for ABC, who married Anthony Radziwill, cousin of John F. Kennedy, Jr. She starts off describing her working class upbringing and her early career adventures. But the bulk of the book is about her relationship with her husband and his five-year battle with cancer. She becomes great friends with both John F. Kennedy, Jr. and his wife, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy who tragically die (along with Carolyn's sister) three weeks before Anthony dies.

A very honest look at family, end-of-life issues, and grief. It's a little slow at the start, but I could not put it down after the first several chapters.

The only minus is that there were multiple grammar errors. However, someone who checked out the book before me kindly corrected all of the mistakes very neatly in a fine-tipped blue pen. 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm going to admit, that I watch The Real Housewives of New York and she is one of the newest wives on the show. I am intrigued by her and now I'll have to check out this book.