Monday, December 17, 2012

The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe


"I was learning that when you're with someone who is dying, you may need to celebrate the past, live the present, and mourn the future all at the same time." --Will Schwalbe

A true story about a son and mother book club. Will's mom, Mary Anne, was diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer. As Will accompanies her to doctor appointments and chemotherapy treatments, they discuss the books they are reading. They read some new books together, and they re-read old favorites.

This is a wonderfully touching book about the relationship between son and mom, and the role that books play in our lives. Mary Anne Schwalbe was also a very inspiring and compassionate person so it was a treat to read about her life and her work toward making the world a better place, especially for women.

As I was reading this book this last week and toting it around with me everywhere I went, I was recommending it to everyone I talked to, and now I'm recommending it to you.

No comments: