Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom


Tuesdays with Morrie is a book that I try to read once a year to remind myself about what's important in life. Tuesdays with Morrie was, by far, Mitch Albom's best book, but I continue to read whatever else he writes.

The Time Keeper deals with time, having too much, or having too little of it.

It's a fast read and gave me some things to think about.

The format of the book is weird though, and takes some getting used to. It's like Albom typed all of his topic sentences in Bold, and forgot to go back and undo the Bold.


When you're visiting your in-laws this Christmas, and this book happens to be on the nightstand in the guest bedroom, go ahead and pick it up. Otherwise, I wouldn't go out of your way to find this one. But read Tuesdays with Morrie if you haven't already.

PS: I have an extra copy of Tuesdays with Morrie if you want to borrow it.

PPS: An update - my copy of The Casual Vacancy has been spoken for despite my warnings against it! Sorry, Julie, don't say I didn't warn you, and thanks for taking this one off my bookshelf.

No comments: