Monday, July 1, 2013

The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

I love books by Sarah Dessen. They're young adult books with female leads finding their own way. Her last couple of books were disappointing because they were all falling into a Dessen formula of girl experiencing some kind of family problem and unique boy shows up who shows her something about her true self.

I complained about this in my post about her last book, and maybe Sarah Dessen read my blog (do you read my blog, Sarah Dessen??), because her newest book does not follow this formula. There are still some problems with it (unresolved plot lines, etc.), but still, it was a nice turn of events even though it wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

Emaline has been dating Luke all through high school and they both grew up in the same small beach town. The summer before they leave for college, Theo, an ambitious filmmaker from New York City, enters the picture. What kind of life does Emaline want to lead?

Even with some minor problems, I did like this story and read it slowly because who knows when the next Sarah Dessen book will come out? (Sarah Dessen, if in fact you do come across my blog, maybe you can answer that question??)

No comments: